Founded in 1643, on the threshold of the reign of Louis XIV, Cire Trudon is the oldest Candlemaker in the world still active today.
Throughout the 17th century, the manufacturer became the Royal Wax Manufacturer and official supplier in the French court, then to Napoléon Bonaparte. Cire Trudon received a Gold Medal during the 1889 Universal Exhibit as a reward for the outstanding quality of its candles and wax.
Trudon enlists well-known “noses” to create perfumes for the stories it wishes to tell. Each candle is still dripped and made by hand in its factory in Normandy, perpetuating a luxury manufacturing that helps perpetuates the skills of its founder, Claude Trudon.
Best Trudon Scent
It's difficult to say which is the "best" Cire Trudon scent, as personal preferences for fragrances can vary greatly. Each of Cire Trudon’s scents are inspired by geographical locations or historical figures and offers a sophisticated and distinctive smell.
- Cire Trudon's Reggio scent, a fresh, citrusy fragrance, is inspired by the city of Reggio di Calabria, known for its Mediterranean climate and citrus groves.
- The uplifting Esterel scent is a fresh, citrusy fragrance with top notes of lemon, middle notes of lavender and rosemary, and base notes of white musk and amber. The scent is meant to evoke the feeling of a summer day spent by the sea.
- Cire Trudon's Madeline scent is a warm, woody fragrance inspired by the Madeline district in Paris, known for its elegant, historic buildings and charming streets. The scent evokes the feeling of strolling through the Madeline district on a crisp, autumn evening.
Each of these candles can be the best choice depending on the tone and smell you’d like to surround yourself with. It's best to try a few different scents and see which one you like the most. The best Trudon scent is one that you enjoy and enhances your living space or personal environment.
What Does Cire Trudon Smell Like?
Cire Trudon candles are known for their rich, complex scents and use of high-quality essential oils and perfumes. For just a sampling of Cire Trudon’s rich and sophisticated scents, here we’ve described our favorite candles:
- Cire Trudon's Cyrnos scent is a fresh, floral fragrance that evokes a summer breeze blowing over the island's shores.
- Our Madeline scent is a warm, woody fragrance with top notes of iris, middle notes of sandalwood and cedar, and base notes of vanilla and amber.
- Cire Trudon's Odalisque scent is a rich, oriental fragrance. Inspired by the odalisques, or female slaves, of the Ottoman Empire, this scent gives off a luxurious, sensual, and sophisticated feel.
- Cire Trudon's Josephine scent evokes the feeling of strolling through a beautiful, fragrant garden. The lily of the valley and rose in the top notes give a sweet, floral opening, while the violet and jasmine in the middle notes add a delicate depth.
- Our Reggio scent is a fresh, citrusy fragrance with top notes of bergamot and lemon, middle notes of lavender and rosemary, and base notes of white musk and amber.
Cire Trudon candles are also available in unscented versions, for those who prefer a more neutral aroma.
What is the oldest candle brand?
Cire Trudon is considered to be one of the oldest candle brands in the world, with a history dating back to 1643. The company was founded in Paris, France, and has been the official supplier of candles to the French royal court and the Catholic Church. Cire Trudon has a reputation for producing high-quality, luxury candles made with natural waxes and essential oils, and are known for its commitment to using natural ingredients and sustainable production methods in the creation of its products.
Who owns Cire Trudon?
Cire Trudon is a French luxury candle and home fragrance company founded in 1643. It is currently owned by the Trocard family, who have been involved in the company for several generations. The company is known for its high-quality candles, which are made with natural wax and considered some of the finest in the world. Cire Trudon has a long history and has been the official supplier of candles to the French royal court and the Catholic Church. Today, the company has a presence in more than 50 countries worldwide and is known for its commitment to craftsmanship and sustainability.
What wax does Cire Trudon use?
Cire Trudon is known for using high-quality natural waxes in the production of its candles. The company primarily uses a blend of beeswax and vegetable waxes, such as soy wax, to produce its candles. Beeswax is a natural, sustainable wax produced by bees with a long burn time and a rich, honey-like scent. Vegetable waxes, such as soy wax, are made from plant-based materials and are renewable and biodegradable. Cire Trudon candles are also scented with natural essential oils and perfumes, which are carefully selected for their quality and authenticity. The company is committed to using natural ingredients and sustainable production methods in the creation of its products.